The Denver Police Protective Association recognizes the importance of higher education and endeavors to assist its members in providing the necessary funding for their dependents or themselves.
All documents and written essays must be submitted to the PPA on or before June 1 of each year. Please mark your envelope “Scholarship Program.” No electronic or facsimile submissions will be accepted. Applicants whose submissions are late or do not comply with all the listed criteria will have their application and documents returned. There will be no resubmissions.
To qualify for a scholarship, a student and/or qualifying PPA member must:
- Active PPA member and/or a son, daughter, niece, nephew and/or grandchild of an active member in good standing with the PPA
- Active PPA member in good standing for the past 12 months enrolled in a degree program.
- Be a high school senior who will be entering college for the first time and/or a currently enrolled college or vocational student OR an active PPA member enrolled in an institution of higher learning
- Citizen or legal U.S. resident
- Submit the application along with a copy of acceptance letter or proof of admission
- The applicant shall prepare an original, typewritten statement of 500 words or less setting forth his/her vocational or professional goal and relating how past, present, and future activities make accomplishment of this goal possible
- Applicant must be prepared to provide a recent photo if selected
- Have all these documents and the essay in the office of the Denver Police Protective Association by the close of business day June 1 (4:30 p.m.)
Your packet should include the following:
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your letter of acceptance to the institution of higher education and/or vocational school
- Completed Commitment Letter
Please do not include letters of recommendation; they will not be included in the evaluation process.
$15,000 and three scholarships were awarded in 2023!
2024 Scholarship Application not available until April 1
SUBMISSION DEADLINE JUNE 1, 2024