THE DENVER POLICE PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION would encourage all officers to examine the actual costs and benefits of joining the DPPA. The Association is exclusive to Denver police officers, championing only the needs of its membership; working on issues exclusive to Denver police only, bringing skills and experience benefiting the organization.
Your membership in the PPA entitles you to:
- Exclusive collective bargaining agent by Charter & a vote on all CB contracts
- Representative in regular meetings with City Council regarding DPD issues
- Representative monthly meetings with the Chief of Police
- Experienced representation for Conduct Review Board cases
- PPA Relief Fund for financial assistance due to unforeseen hardships (only available to PPA members)
- Representation/sitting Board members on the Denver Police Retiree Health Fund Board, Denver Police Officers Foundation, Police Activities League Board (PAL), Civil Service Commission liaison, and health insurance liaison with Human Resources and the City
- Retiree health fund supplemental income upon retirement
- Longevity funds for PPA members paid upon retirement from DPD
- Legal counsel dedicated solely to PPA members in all duty and non-duty related legal issues (and coverage can start as early as “a whisper in the hallway”) (only the PPA provides this service at no charge)
- 24/7 legal coverage for all critical incidents (whether duty related or not)(only the PPA provides this service for non-duty related incidents at no charge)
- Legal representation for all IA investigations (whether duty related or not)(only the PPA provides this service for non-duty related incidents at no charge)(no caps)
- Free legal consultation for all members for personal legal matters
- Legal representation in open records requests (only the PPA protects your interests in these requests and provides an attorney at no charge)
- Legal representation in all Subpoena Duces Tecum requests for personnel and Internal Affairs files (only the PPA protects your interests in these requests and provides an attorney at no charge)
- Monitoring and/or active representation in all duty-related civil cases (no caps, no charge)
- Active representation in all duty-related administrative disciplinary appeals (no caps)(and at no charge)
- Active representation in all non-duty related administrative matters up to and through the Executive Director of Safety’s Order)(only the PPA provides this service for non-duty related incidents at no charge)(no caps)
- Free preparation of estate planning documents, including, but not limited to wills, living wills, powers of attorney, and durable medical powers of attorney
- Full time PPA lobbyist for City, State, and POST lobbying, and running of bills, i.e., PBOR
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) monitoring
- Safe Drive (provides free transportation home after a special evening of celebration (only the PPA provides this service) or transportation reimbursement (Lyft/Uber)
- Scholarship Program (2020 $20,000.00 is currently available to award)
- Colonial Life Insurance
- Shield616 kits awarded at every monthly membership meeting
- Sponsored Washington DC Police Week for four members — all expenses paid
- Promotional exam assistance — sponsored Moser Sergeant Test Training (2019), and A.M. Career Development for Lieutenant Test (2020)
- Donation/assistance with district and bureau Christmas parties and new gym equipment for stations/bureaus
- Merchandise store, with T-shirts, hats, cups, mugs, and the like
- Annual Christmas party (free professional pictures with Santa) & 25th Anniversary Dinner
- DPD Health Fair
- PPA website which provides up-to-date information on all the happenings of the PPA, grievances, collective bargaining updates, fundraisers, athletic schedules, articles, programs, and important legal issues affecting DPD – and soon to include our own app
- Up to 75 percent reduction for rental of the PPA Event Center
- Sponsored PPA athletics
- Free period wall calendars and pocket calendars and notebooks, pens, etc
- Sympathy and congratulatory flowers and baskets for PPA members and their families
100% of your dues to the PPA goes back to you 100% — the Denver officer.
You support your needs, yourself, your benefits, and only you!
The PPA is not just a phone number, it’s personal service 24/7!
Thank you for being a part of this great team!